“If a doula was a drug,
it would be unethical not to use it”
– Dr. John Kennell
I deeply believe that every person who births should be able to experience that journey as one surrounded by support and connects them to their own power and incredible strength.
My services are open and available to all individuals regardless of relationship status, sexual identity, ablebodiness or otherwise, and I do my utmost to adapt my services to your needs and preferences.
Birth package: $800
- FREE initial consultation
- Prenatal visits (max 2):
To discuss the client’s priorities, wishes, and preparation for birth and the immediate postpartum period, including practicing comfort measures and relaxation techniques to use during labour, preparing for the unexpected, and developing a plan for life with a newborn.
- Personalised Support:
Via phone and email to address any questions, concerns, or updates before or after birth.
- Birth Wish/Plan:
Guidance in and templates for creating a Birth Wish/Plan, if desired.
- 24/7 on Call:
For a total of 4 weeks (2 weeks before and 2 weeks after client’s due date).
- Continuous Support:
I will be available throughout the entirety of the birth process.
- Postpartum Visits (Max 2):
During the initial postpartum period to provide support and assistance to the client. Additional postpartum visits available at $30/hr
My doula bag is full of useful tools! In addition to a broad and diverse spectrum of knowledge around comfort measures/pain management for labour and childbirth, I have training/expertise in:
- Spinning Babies
- Pelvic floor and core health
- Postpartum TLC — Whether you give birth vaginally or via c-section, your body has experienced some level of trauma and needs to heal. I ensure you feel cared for in your postpartum weeks, providing you with soothing pads and sitz bath remedies, an ear to bend, and even some nourishment and light cleaning as needed!
- Cloth diapering — I know it can be overwhelming, so I’m happy to offer a non-judgmental space for those curious about it to learn more.
- An ever-growing library on pregnancy, birth, and postpartum books available to lend!
I also offer support services for folks at other points in their reproductive/pregnancy journey. I provide Abortion/termination support for a flat rate of $100.
My services are comprehensive, and are focused on ensuring that you feel cared for, respected, and heard. I believe that labour and childbirth should be evidence-based and client-centred. I know that women have fought for the right to have pain medication during labour and childbirth, and that women have also fought for the right to birth naturally. Similarly, folks have fought for the ability to birth in a hospital, and at home. Whatever your preferences, I work with my clients to ensure that, with accurate information and good support, the birthing person is able to make the best decisions for themselves and their baby.
Contact me today for more information and to book your free consultation!